What is PayPal Pay in 3?
PayPal Pay in 3 is a payment method where you can buy now, and pay later by splitting the cost of your order over three instalments. The first payment will be due at time of purchase and subsequent payments due every month on the same date.
Who can use PayPal Pay in 3?
- To pay with PayPal Pay in 3, you’ll need to be over the age of 18, and living in the UK (this excludes customers in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
- You’ll need to spend £30 or more (up to £2000) to pay using PayPal Pay in 3.
- Your credit worthiness will be checked before your order is confirmed so your application to use PayPal Pay in 3 may be rejected.
How does PayPal Pay in 3 work?
- You'll first need to create a PayPal account if you don't already have one in order to use PayPal Pay in 3.
- There are no fees to use PayPal Pay in 3. You can see details of how much you owe at any time, by logging into your PayPal account.
- You’ll be sent a reminder by email or text message from PayPal to let you know when your next payment is coming up. You can also see your payment schedule or make unscheduled payments at any time by logging into your PayPal account. If you want to pay the entire balance off at once, you can also do this.
How do refunds work with PayPal Pay in 3?
If you’ve already paid instalments and your refund amount is more than the balance remaining that you need to pay, your PayPal account will be refunded. If your refund amount is less than the amount you have left to pay, your refund will be split equally across the remaining two instalments.